Wednesday, October 24, 2012

An Interview with Author Sheila Lipsey of My Sister, My Momma, My wife.

My Sister, My Momma, My Wife is the fourth installment of the dynamic My Son’s Wife series. With more secrets unveiled, more clinging to the past, more drama in the house, and more deceit than one can imagine, the Graham family returns!

In My Sister, My Momma, My Wife, Pastor Stiles Graham is moving on up in the ministry. The membership at Holy Rock has grown tremendously, and Stiles discovers that with more sheep, the duties of the shepherd become more intense, and the hours are even longer.
Stiles is also the proud father of a little girl by his wife, Detria. To provide the lifestyle he desires for his daughter, Stiles continues his teaching role, but at a new college, LeMoyne Owen, where he accepts the position of adjunct professor of African American Studies. Time away from home, means Detria is spending time alone. There’s a saying, “When the cats away, the mice will play.”
Although he loves his role as daddy, Stile doesn’t act so happy when it comes to his role as husband. His mind continues to torment him with thoughts about his ex-wife, Rena. But Rena seems to have moved on with her life in Andover, Massachusetts with none other than teacher and coach Robert Becton. Has she finally let go of her past and fully stepped into a new and promising future?
Stiles is further stunned beyond belief when he uncovers secrets that have been hidden away about the Graham family. During his quest to forget those things that lie behind, Stiles is hit with an unbelievable bombshell when he accidentally discovers startling revelations and truths about both his parents, his sister, Francesca (Frankie) and his new wife, Detria.
What does this man of God do when it seems that the enemy is pulling out all stops to destroy everything that he has believed in, including God’s mercy and grace?


 
 
 
 

How did you start out your writing career?
I always wrote poetry and short stories, but it was through a tragedy I faced that I began to journal. I had no idea that one day that the journal would basically turn into my first book.


What did you learn while writing this book?
While writing my latest book, I learned that just like life, the characters in my book lead everyday lives and their story continues.


What did you hope to accomplish with this book?
My Sister, My Momma, My Wife is the fourth installment in the My Son's Wife series. I wanted to continue to tell the story of the Graham family because so many of my readers wanted to know more about this dysfunctional family.


What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why?
The title actually came first, then as i began to write, the characters and plot fell into place.


What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?
What surprises me the most about becoming a published author is that I have so many stories to tell (lol) and write. What also surprises me is that I am actually doing what I love!


What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?
I love to see my characters evolve and come to life. I do not like the fact that once the story is completed, I have to promote, promote and promote!


How do you conquer writers block?
I have not really experienced writers block.


What books are on your to read list?
I have many books on my to read list, hundreds of them actually! I read whenever I can even if it's a little at a time.


Has having a writing career always been your dream?

I think it was an underlying dream that came to life.


Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

I always tell aspiring writers this: Writers Write
Aspiring writers stop worrying about how you are going to get your book published. Be concerned with writing the best book you can FIRST.


What is your writing process? How do you feed your writing muse?
I am a night writer.


Within the next five years what stage do you expect to be in your career?
I expect and believe that I will be a top screenwriter with several of my books turned into movies.


When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I love to read, watch documentaries, and shows like HGTV


What do you do to interact with your readers?
I interact with my readers on social media, skype, email, chatting and through attending book events.


Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?
What's Blood Got To Do With It? is a stand alone book that will be officially released in print version October 31. It is already available on your favorite eReader.


Here is a short synopsis

What if?
What if you had the perfect family, lived the perfect life, had the perfect job, the perfect everything and then without warning, you discover you are not the person you think you are, and your family is not the family you think they are?

Twenty-two year old Adanya Anniston is a successful, smart, and attractive assistant college instructor who simply adores her family. She is especially close to her father and does not mind being labeled a daddy’s girl. But, Adanya’s picture perfect, fairy tale life takes a devastating turn when she mistakenly overhears her mother disclose something so mind boggling that it crushes Adanya to the core of her spirit.


Graphic artist, Bleak Blessinger, seems to be just what Adanya’s troubled spirit needs, until she discovers that the handsome, green eyed, hunk just might have a connection to her family that can wreak even more havoc in her once idyllic life. What’s Blood Got To Do With It? Before it’s all over, Adanya Anniston might discover the answer.



How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)


Twitter @shelialipsey
Pinterest
Linked in
Facebook Shelia E. Lipsey Readers
 
Rating 5 stars
 
I've never read a novel that was filled with so much drama that my sweet tooth hurt. Sheila Lipsey not only delivers a fast paced, heart felt, and drama filled read but she keeps me on my toes. I love the way the characters jump off the pages and make me feel every emotion. I could not stop reading. Whenever I assumed that I knew what was going to happen next I would be wrong. Powerful composition, colorful characters, and entertaining at every turn. My sister,my momma,my wife is one series you will never forget and always want more.