Monday, May 13, 2013

Inspirational Monday: On your mark, get set,....live!!




Last Friday and Saturday I participated in the Atlanta Writers Conference. It was my first time ever attending a writers conference or any writer associated event. I was nervous and full of excitement. With a little extra pep in my step and friend in my head Beyonce by my side I felt unstoppable. It was my first time introducing myself to the world as a writer outside of my immediate friends and family. As a writer my biggest flaw is being a bit introverted and being glued to my computer. My nerves didn't get the best of me as I smiled, shook hands, exchanged business cards, and blabbed about my debut novel. I was in good company with a lawyer, therapist, a doctor, and even a journalist for CNN. I couldn't have imagined meeting such an elite group of people. They were all charming and inspiring as we exchanged tales of the writing life. I had the honor and pleasure of meeting, greeting, and learning from bestselling author Claire Cook. Cook offered valuable advice with a witty smile as she offered exclusive advice about the changing publishing industry. I left the workshop feeling more inspired and motivated than ever before. Here are a few videos:

video
video
video
I am inspired to write to my hearts content and satisfaction. I stepped out on faith and walked into my destiny. For many years I worked my tail off and pushed my dreams far back into a distant memory. Bills needed to be paid, kids need things, and life hiccups always happened. Tomorrow would always be just a day away. My dreams would become silenced. Before I knew it I was becoming just like the older women around me. Working to make a living and wishing I would have taken a step to my dreams. Your dreams will wait but time will continue to move on. I encourage you to take the first step into making your life better in any way possible. You deserve to live a life full of happiness, joy, and peace. Take the first step into changing your life today not only for you  but those watching you. Everyday is an opportunity to make tomorrow better. I'm a mother, sister, daughter, friend, and much more. But today I'm wearing my writer hat proudly because its my passion to see my words in print. I'm living my life in full color and you should too!! Dream big and live out loud!!

Please leave a comment below.