Monday, May 6, 2013

Inspirational Monday

“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.” – Unknown


During a recent conversation with a friend of mine she said she didn't know what living meant anymore. Her life had become a list of regrets and practical choices. I could relate. For the first time in my adult life I finally feel like I'm living. I used to rely on the practical choices that life hand delivered within each moment. It was my every existence to hit the time clock, work my tail off, go home, and resume my wifely/motherly duties. For as long as I could remember the vibrant vivacious part of me slowly died overtime. I was functioning but not thriving. I regretted not being able to go to the Spoken word night on Sunday, having a drink with my friend, or getting a pedicure occasionally. I lived and regret and hid it well. That is until today....

Everywhere you turn death has claimed a life or illness has taken over a youthful presence. I don't want to live a maybe life. I want to live. I want to make out in a movie theater, go barefoot outside in the rain, or shoot a bird when someone cuts me off in traffic. Regret is no longer apart of my life and it shouldn't be apart of yours. Go ahead and get an large fry, order dessert a meal, have a glass of wine, or buy yourself something just for you. It's important to take care of ourselves as much as those we love. Regret nothing and start to live. Every sunrise is a new beginning to take something off your regret list and conquer it. Own your happiness, thrive in the moment, and live because tomorrow is promised...just not to everyone.