Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Poetic Wednesday presents: Dreaming


Dreaming


I’m dreaming of a sunny afternoon

Where the sun is chilling in the sky

Fluffy clouds are floating by

The smell of fresh cut grass penetrates the air

Short shorts and high heels expose hidden agendas

Huge ego’s , deep baritone, and mindless chatter fill the backyard

As small children live in La La land

Old folks tell tall tales of a life well lived

Life is perfect in this moment

Capture it

You are holding my hand

Palms kissing, hearts racing, as the blood pulsates rapidly through our veins

This is love personified

Nothing else matters when you are near

I’m dreaming of a love Hollywood writers haven’t dreamed of yet

A love our grandkids, grandkids, grandkids will be envious of

Hallmark don’t make cards for our love

Ronald McDonald can’t duplicate this happy meal

Cinderella is green with envy

With you I am originally me

Authentic in all of my being

No pretenses and mask allowed

I am dreaming so please don’t wake me

Because I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet