Thursday, May 9, 2013

Remembering Quincel Vernard Walker Oct.26, 1989-May 9, 2009



Today marks the four anniversary of my brother Quincel Vernard Walker death. Death is an ugly beautiful thing. It comes in different formations and leaves lives crumbled and unremarkable changed forever. It was the worst moment of my life. It happened so quickly that the emotions are still raw inside of me. Time heals wounds. Things will never be the same. The third child of four children is no longer present in the physical. There isn't a day that goes by that Quincel doesn't cross my mind. I'll always remember his laugh, his love for flaming hot Cheetos and blue Gatorade, and girls. Quincel used to babysit my oldest son while I went to work. Sometimes we'd laugh, joke, and even argue about him sleeping on my couch. In the last days of his laugh I can honestly say we were on good terms. I hold no regrets. Just vivid memories. Memories that will fade with time, yet live loudly in my heart. Today may mark the day that Quincel joined God in heaven. It will always be a day that I will stop, reflect, and remember the life of someone whom dearly impacted life in tremendous ways. Quincel-I love you!!