Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Write Now Virtual Book Tour present author Annie Brown will be on tour May 6- May 17, 2013

Banner.png
book cover.jpg


How did you start out your writing career? I started out with an inspiration from God. Actually I never really gave any serious thought to writing because I never thought I was skilled enough to write anything that anyone might want to read. Evidently, God had other plans.
What did you learn while writing this book? I learned that it takes patience and perseverance to accomplish the work of a writer and produce a well written book.
What did you hope to accomplish with this book? Since this book was inspired by God to the people of God, my hope is that Christians will take to heart the need to repent of any deeds done by them to others and forgive deeds done to them.
What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? In this story it was the plot that came first. Why? Mainly because the plot is geared toward Christians to live uncluttered lives and realize even though the path is bleak there is a ray of sunshine. No Christian is exempt whether he/she is a babe in Christ or been saved for many years.
What has surprised you most about becoming a published author? I think I have been most surprised that God has used me to develop some skills that I did not realize I had to accomplish this work and how difficult it is get to the book to the appropriate readers.
What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most? Since I write as I am inspired to do so, I would think the inspiration would be the aspect I love best; however ,not know when I will receive the inspirations is what I dislike. Especially, when inspiration comes in the middle of the night when I want to sleep.
How do you conquer writers block? I really do not put too much emphasis on writer block because when there is no inspiration I pray and seek God’s face for the next assignment and in His timing He gives what I need. I suppose that would be different if I was writing as a career.
What books are on your to read list? There are so many books on my list ; however, I plan to read Invisible Enemies and Completely Whole very soon.
Has having a writing career always been your dream? I am afraid it has not been my dream it was inspiration and obedience that got me here.
Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer? Do consult God about what to write because you want to make a difference in someone’s life. There are so many different kinds of books on the market. Please do not stop what you are doing because your book is not receiving the recognition you believe it should.
What is your writing process? My writing process is usually to write as I am given inspiration by God. I write the thoughts down, clarify scriptures if scriptures are involved, when I receive confirmation that the work is complete then I organize the chapters, pray hard, and get ready to publish. How do you feed your writing muse? I depend on fasting, praying, reading and mediating on Scriptures.
Within the next five years what stage do you expect to be in your career? I expect to have finished two other books. One I will hopefully have finished sometime this year and the other one will be completed after I retire in four years. It involves lessons I have learned from patients and their families who been on hospice service.
When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time? I spend time with family and friends. Also I like to do retail therapy.
What do you do to interact with your readers? I use social media to interact with my readers, mostly, but I attend events promoting authors regularly.
Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book? My next book will be about a journey from the Garden of Eden to the generation of this era. I will be seeking to reveal where some of our world most common heartbreaking troubles started and why.
How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)
I can be reached at 20 Seminole Avenue, Sylacauga, Alabama 35150,aclara2002@yahoo.com or www.anniecbrown.com

photo.jpg
 

 

Food for Thought with Annie Brown

Why, Christians with Pervasive Issues?


 
We are living in a society where Christians are in a constant battle with wars from within and from without. Many wars come from Christians who have made a profession but have not overcome many issues that he/she has stored away in their secret closets. Some of the issues have become common place behaviors and when a certain type of behavior has been following someone most of their life, it may no longer seem possible to end its stronghold. It is easy to lose hope and to only see oneself as a victim. Therefore since every individual in the body of Christ has strengths and needs it is vital that we come out of denial and deal with what has us in bondage.

 
As a social worker, I am confronted many times with end of life issues that entails an individual going through severe emotional pain because he/she wants the transition between death and eternity to be smooth, and not cluttered with unresolved issues. One of the most common unresolved issues is that of forgiveness. Either the individual needs to ask another person to forgive them for unjust deeds or the individual needs to forgive someone who has wronged them. Whether a victim or perpetrator, we need to get these unresolved issues taken care of while we have the cognitive abilities to do so before the end of life. Realizing that not only does forgiveness brings freedom to the one who does the forgiving, Christians should always remember that if we do not forgive others their trespasses, then, God will not forgive us ours.

 
Therefore, Christians with Pervasive Issues was written to give a ray of hope to victims and perpetrators. In compassionate, but no-nonsense language the book demonstrates that with genuine repentance and the right support, one can overcome anything. No one knows where death is so it is time to stop picking flowers by the wayside and get ready for the soon coming King.