Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One on One with Evangelist and Author Kelsi Marie Arceneaux of Clarity is Divine

CID Cover.jpg
Introduce yourself. 
 Kelsi Marie Arceneaux (daughter, sister, friend, evangelist)

Tell us about your latest project.
It is a book titled “Clarity Is Divine” that I would describe as a testimony, a life story and a challenge to take a deep introspective look- all rolled into one. 

What did you learn while writing this book?
I think writing the book gave me a firmer grasp on the POWER of God’s timing and will. You could not have told me six months ago that a book was in my immediate future. In November of 2012 He began to deal with me about sharing/publishing. It seemed to come from out of nowhere. 
I also learned that so many of us take the revelations and understanding that God has given us for granted. We assume that because we know, everyone does. But that is not the case. Much of what we have learned and conquered through Him, needs to be ministered to others so that they can share the same victory. What we consider a small milestone that no one else will relate to can actually change someone’s life!

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?
I think my main focus was on completing it in the way He instructed me to. I must admit that I didn’t “expect” anything in particular. I just wanted to be obedient. It felt like I was stepping out into thin air, trusting that He wouldn’t let me fall. The feedback has been AMAZING and SURPRISING, but I understand that He is not surprised. He knew WELL that there were those that absolutely needed to read what He led me to share. 

What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why? 
The plot- the purpose. The book actually started as an article I wrote last year. Often times after our hearts have been butchered by means of bad relationships, we can gravitate towards a “victim mentality”. The truth is that when you have REALLY repented and are genuinely seeking to please God in your future relational endeavors, you must assess and take responsibility for the role(s) you played. We must honestly ask ourselves HOW we ended up “here”. 
Most of the time, we walk into unhealthy relationships “eyes wide open”. And we expect from others what they have given us NO valid indication (in DEED) they are capable of fulfilling.  

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?
Probably being called an author. That still surprises me. I remember the first time someone asked me how it felt to be an “author”, I expressed that I hadn’t really thought about it, because until they mentioned it, the notion that I am an “author” hadn’t crossed my mind. 

What message do you want to convey to your readers?
Take responsibility and make the necessary changes so that our lives reflect the paradigm shift and the new direction we are taking. Doing the same thing and being the same way, will yield the same results. 
We’ve become too self-sufficient. Prayer needs to be the cornerstone of our relationships and the basis by which we choose them.

How do you choose what to write about?
Divine Revelation. Period. 

What books are on your to read list?
Oh my. My IMMEDIATE read list includes “Free To Be Me” (Betty Robinson), “Love Lessons” (Dr. Brenda Wade), “I Quit” (Geri Scazzero) and “Something Old, Something New” (Beverly Jenkins). I always have a running list of books to read. The list is longer than what I’ve provided, but those are at the top of my list. 

Has having a writing career always been your dream?
Honestly, in more recent years I’ve thought about how great it would be to be a columnist. That is around the time (and the reason) I began to blog (www.kelsimarie.com). Before that, I just knew I enjoyed writing, but never considered it to be something I would do for a living. 

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?
I would just have to say “GO FOR IT!!!” and “Don’t limit yourself or what God can do through you!”

What is your writing process? How do you feed your writing muse?
I keep notebooks and pens around me. I have to write down ideas and revelations as they come. It isn’t something I can force. God speaks and reveals things to me through the strangest circumstances. And I’m often inspired or recollect a memory of something in an instant. I jot things down, or create a voice note and then put it in context later. 

Within the next five years what stage do you expect to be in your career?
This is still so new to me, I don’t know exactly. I just know (now) that there is a lot more [inside of me] where “Clarity Is Divine” came from indeed! 

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy reading, thinking, music, having fun, laughing and spending time with family and friends.  

What do you do to interact with your readers?
I’ve created a Facebook page for “Clarity Is Divine”, where I would like for readers to minister, interact with one another and share their thoughts and faith feelings. 

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?
It’s the devotional to accompany “Clarity Is Divine”. It’s much like a workbook in the sense that there are reading and writing assignments. It’s the step by step guide to “clarity”. 

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)
info@kelsimarie.com
www.clarityisdivine.com
www.kelsimarie.com


kma-cid.jpg

Evangelist Kelsi M. Arceneaux

She can be described as a unique individual whose primary focus and goal in life is to be a vessel, set aside for the Master’s use. One aspect of her personality that has kept her rooted and very close to ministry is her “all or nothing” perspective of commitment. She commits to something with everything she has to offer or she does not commit at all. It was during Kelsi’s college years that she began to contemplate her “life plan” and consider what things she would spend her time, energy, talents
and gifts trying to cultivate. She realized that the thought of the career path she had chosen, caused her to feel a great sense of hopelessness. Kelsi became overwhelmed with the thought and feeling that something was missing and knew there had to be something more defining, fulfilling and
reflective of a deeper thirst that she was created to do. She began to pray for guidance and soon realized that within her was a yearning and burning for ministry.
Currently, Kelsi’s ministry consists of preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, radio broadcasting, blogging and the recent publishing of her first book, “Clarity Is Divine”.
Kelsi’s mantra is: “If God can take empty space and form a world-if He can create man from the dust, then surely He can do something with me, a vessel yielded and broken, whose only confidence is that God is All that His word says He is, will do all that He says He will do and knew ME before the
foundation of the world!!!! Glory Be to GOD”

@kelsimarie510
www.kelsimarie.com
www.clarityisdivine.com