Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One on One with Author Nadine Christian of Remembering Love

View photo in message
 
 
150185_10151102564703859_491833886_n.jpg
 

                                                    Biography

Nadine Christian lives on Pitcairn Island, a small isle in the middle of the South Pacific, with her husband, five children, four goats, two cats and thirty chickens. With its rich maritime history, Pitcairn's romantic past comes alive in her novels, capturing the taste of life on an isolated tropical island, miles from the rush and bustle of normal city life.

Blurb

When all is lost, how do you remember love?

When her beloved foster parents pass away, Holly discovers a past both shocking and heartbreaking: the murder/suicide of her biological parents on the South Pacific island of Pitcairn, famous for the HMAV Bounty mutineers. Travelling to a home she does not remember, Holly reconnects with long-lost childhood friend Jack. An old friendship quickly becomes more…until a dark secret is uncovered.

Will joyous love remembered become heartbreak? Can she find out the truth before someone else is hurt?


Nadine Christian
Author
Twitter - @pitcairngirl
 
 

Introduce yourself.


What do you want the reader to learn about the characters?
That not everybody is as they seem. The most sedate looking person can be the most vicious. Remembering Love is the tale of two friends who are ripped apart as kids and are reunited as twenty-somethings. Life has changed for both of them, and they have to fight to find out why they were parted and discover love while they battle.


 What is the most important message you want the reader to learn?
That love can survive almost anything.  I've a pretty nasty character who tries everything to cover her own misdeeds by slurring another, and it -- as it does in real life -- almost always comes out!
 
How will the reader be changed or moved from reading your work?
I hope so. I have a pretty moving scene in chapter ten which I hope gives the reader both a chance to learn about a Pitcairn custom, and a chance to reach for the tissue box!

 What came first the characters or the idea?
For Remembering Love it was the Banyan Trees! LOL... I was walking through these majestic old trees one day and thought.... "Hmmm...what would happen if...." And it rolled from there.
What made you pursue a writing a career?
I wrote something non-fiction, and it came back with the comment -- "it's interesting, but I have no idea where Pitcairn is..."  The thought was -- well, I'll show ya! *grin*  I decided to write a love story on my island, and instead of being a chore, I fell into the fictional world I created. It just seemed to snowball from there.
 How often do you write?
I try to write every day, however I do try and take Saturdays off.
 When you're not writing, what do you like to do?
I've got five kids, so when I'm not writing I'm running around after them! I love to read myself, so if I'm not kid wrangling I have my nose in a book.

What are some of your favorite authors and books?

I've discovered the world of Indie writers. There are some wonderfully talented undiscovered authors out there! 

 What inspires you to write?
My island, my kids....
 

 What books are on your shelf to read?
Tina Pollick's new release Soul Broker.


 What would be your best advice to aspiring writers?
Don't give up. Ask for help. Join a critique group.
 With the publishing in industry constantly changing. What keeps you personally motivated to stay in the industry?
I try to keep motivated by my story. LOL. If I relied on the industry alone I'd be in tears every day. Friends and group support are a must as well.
 What's next for you?
I have some interest in a Middle Grade novel I've written, so stay tuned for news!


How can readers get in contact with you?

Through my website, or twitter, or FB account
 
 Review 5 out of 5 Stars

 
Remembering Love by Nadine Christine was such an enjoyable read that left me smiling from beginning to end. The charming title helped bring the enigmatic characters to life. The story plot revolves around Holly, an orphan, who lives with her foster parents Bill and Tina. Like all the orphaned children she wants to know who her real parents are. Luckily, after her foster's parents death, she finds a box in which she finds a family photo of her own family.

Anguished with her foster parents for hiding the truth, she goes to her hometown Pitcairn determined to discover the truth. Holly goes on a journey that will not only leave the reader tingling with suspense but also their imagination.  I enjoyed so much reading the second half more than the first half. The story was well balanced with all the right elements, I can't expect more from this astonishing novel.

 Christian writes with such an eloquent crispness that not only allows the words to flow naturally off the page. The reading will also stir many emotions for the reader and deliver a timely climax that all will enjoy. I highly this book and suggest Nadine Christian as an author to watch.