Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Write Now Literary Virtual Book Tour Presents : An Interview with Author Roni Teson of Twist

Read the first 5 chapters of Twist on the authors website: http://roniteson.com
Title: Twist
Genre: Fiction, Romance Suspense
Paperback: 244 pages
Publisher: Brown Girls Publishing (March 12, 2014)
ISBN-10: 0991532236
ISBN-13: 978-0991532230
About The Author
Roni Teson




Growing up in Southern California, I developed a love for the ocean and all things coastal. I lived inland for a few years in Atlanta, Phoenix, and Denver, only to be lured home by the sound of crashing waves and colorful sunsets.
I wrote Heaven or Hell, my first novel, during my treatment for stage IV cancer. The day after the final edit of this book, the doctor told me that I was in remission. I believe writing was a critical part of my recovery, and now it's integral to my life.
I'm lucky. I have a passion that keeps me awake at night, friends who have been in my life for decades, family that supports my craziness, a home on the beach, many more novels in my head, and a body that is healed. I am forever grateful.
About The Book
Twist



A romantic suspense full of twists and turns . . . When a steamy incident in the back seat of a borrowed car plunges sixteen-year-old Beatrice Malcolm smack in the middle of a global manhunt, she discovers that the search for her fugitive father has more to do with her than she could ever imagine.
With her mother gone, Bea's life is unraveling in the worst possible way as she's thrust into a world of government conspiracy, insanity, and mind-altering experimentation that forces her to make a life or death decision on who to believe—the FBI or her father.
In Twist, Roni Teson has crafted a suspenseful tale of love, betrayal and intrigue with a cast of characters who will leap off the pages and stay in your heart long after the last page has been turned.




How did you start out your writing career? Like most writers, I read a lot. But I didn’t read a lot until I was an adult. I started taking online writing courses, and kept stopping and starting many writing projects. When I was diagnosed with stage IV cancer, I finished my first book, nothing like a cancer scare to put a little urgency on those dreams. That was in April 2010.


What did you learn while writing this book? I learned quite a bit about CJD, the human form of Mad Cows disease that shows up in Twist in an unusual way. I also keep falling back on a similar theme in my writing and I don’t realize it until I’m done. About taking things in your life and looking at them differently, your perception of those moments that are earth shattering, devastating--how you take things that happen to you is so important to how you live your life, learn and recover. This story, Twist takes perception to an extreme.


What did you hope to accomplish with this book? I wanted to write a page-turner.


What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why? The characters came first, because of where I live. I moved into my writer’s retreat, on the ocean, just outside my window is a sign that says, “B”. I thought I would get a little dog and name her Bea, instead I wrote a story about Bea. I created this young, headstrong girl who gets sucked into this global manhunt for her father, and then finds out the whole thing is about her.


What has surprised you most about becoming a published author? The effort involved in getting the book noticed is massive. You want to write and then move on to the next project, but that’s your passion, but the passion needs to be fueled by the reader, and getting to the reader is not as easy as it seems.


What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most? I love the process of bringing a book together and coming up with the ending in the final rewrite. I have a most difficult with the self-promotion aspects of writing.


How do you conquer writers block? I go backwards in the story. When I get stuck, I back up and rewrite. If I’m looking for an idea, I look on my idea sheet, I keep it updated often.


What books are on your to read list? Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell, The Goldfinch (started it but having a hard time with this one) by Donna Tartt, Started Early, Took my Dog by Kate Atkinson

Has having a writing career always been your dream? No, but it’s taken a hold of my life like nothing ever has and it’s the driving factor in everything I do. I sometimes feel like I need to write to keep the cancer from recurring because I believe writing played an important part in my recovery. But mostly, I really enjoy the process.


Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer? Get in the habit of writing every day, do not rewrite until you have your first draft down.


What is your writing process? How do you feed your writing muse? I write every day, start at 4am. I write stories that are what I’d like to read. I usually begin with the creation of the cast and the characters take over. The storyline takes twists that I had no idea when I started writing. Writing is pure escape for me.


Within the next five years what stage do you expect to be in your career? I will always write, my dream is that people want to read what I’m writing. I’d like to have a few screenplays under my belt, and four more books published within the next five years.


When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time? I bike ride, enjoy the outdoors on the beach where I live. I have a collection of guitars that I play and write songs, and friends that I’ve known for as long as I’ve been alive. I enjoy entertaining my friends and family at the beach house.

 What do you do to interact with your readers? I’m on facebook, have an Internet site and I always make my email available to any one. roniteson@yahoo.com

 Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book? I’m working on a contemporary novel, The Bishop Girls. After Molly Bishop’s sister dies, family secrets are revealed one after another, she soon discovers her entire life is a lie and she might be more like her con-artist relatives than she suspects.


How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website) www.roniteson.com or roniteson@yahoo.com

Social Links:
Email: roniteson@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.roniteson.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RoniTeson
Buy Links
Amazon paperback: http://amzn.com/0991532236
Tour Hosted by Write Now Literary Virtual Book Tour www.wnlbooktours.com
Author Tour Schedule: http://wnlbooktours.com/roni-teson