- Introduce yourself.
Hi, everyone! I‘m Adrienne Thompson, a native and current resident of Arkansas, a divorced mother of 3, mother-in-law of one, and grandmother of one precious little boy. I have a degree in biology and I am worked for several years as an RN before quitting to pursue writing full time. I am a music fanatic… and, oh yeah, a storyteller
- What would you like readers to take away from your book?
I hope that anyone who reads either of my books will have a better understanding of their own struggles and the struggles of others and realize that we are all worthy of redemption, forgiveness, and love.
- What did you learn about yourself in terms of your strong points and weak points while writing this book?
I went into writing my latest book, Locked out of Heaven, with the idea that I wanted to do something different. I wanted to let the artist in me take over and just create and that’s exactly what I did. I learned that my creativity and abandon when writing are my strengths. My weakness is worrying about how my stories will be received.
- What was your greatest roadblock, and how did you overcome it?
Perfectionism. The older I get, the more I realize that nothing and no one is perfect and that as long as I am doing the absolute best I can do, no one can expect any more from me.
- Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?
Do write from your heart and trust the voice that God gave you.
Don’t follow trends in writing. Be a trendsetter!
- What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?
It ain’t easy! Lol. But seriously, I put a lot into my stories. I honestly pour out my heart and soul. I wish more people realized how personal writing can be for the writer.
- What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?
No Weapon Formed by Michelle Stimpson
- What do you do to make time for yourself?
I just do. I try to write every day, but I take several breaks and I always know when I need to take a day or two off. Quitting my day job has made finding “me” time much easier.
- How can readers get in contact with you?
Here are my links:
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/adrienne-thompson
- What's next for you?
I am actually working on several projects right now, including a continuation of my Been So Long series and several stand-alone novels.
About this Author