Tuesday, August 5, 2014

One on One with Author Adrienne Thompson of Locked Out Of Heaven

Displaying looh bannersm.jpg


Displaying LOOHcvr1tn.jpg




  1. Introduce yourself.
Hi, everyone! I‘m Adrienne Thompson, a native and current resident of Arkansas, a divorced mother of 3, mother-in-law of one, and grandmother of one precious little boy. I have a degree in biology and I am worked for several years as an RN before quitting to pursue writing full time. I am a music fanatic… and, oh yeah, a storyteller
  1. What would you like readers to take away from your book?
I hope that anyone who reads either of my books will have a better understanding of their own struggles and the struggles of others and realize that we are all worthy of redemption, forgiveness, and love.
  1. What did you learn about yourself in terms of your strong points and weak points while writing this book?
I went into writing my latest book, Locked out of Heaven, with the idea that I wanted to do something different. I wanted to let the artist in me take over and just create and that’s exactly what I did. I learned that my creativity and abandon when writing are my strengths. My weakness is worrying about how my stories will be received.
  1. What was your greatest roadblock, and how did you overcome it?
Perfectionism. The older I get, the more I realize that nothing and no one is perfect and that as long as I am doing the absolute best I can do, no one can expect any more from me.
  1. Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?
Do write from your heart and trust the voice that God gave you.
Don’t follow trends in writing. Be a trendsetter!
  1. What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?
It ain’t easy! Lol. But seriously, I put a lot into my stories. I honestly pour out my heart and soul. I wish more people realized how personal writing can be for the writer.
  1. What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?
No Weapon Formed by Michelle Stimpson
  1. What do you do to make time for yourself?
I just do. I try to write every day, but I take several breaks and I always know when I need to take a day or two off. Quitting my day job has made finding “me” time much easier.
  1. How can readers get in contact with you?
Here are my links:
  1. What's next for you?
I am actually working on several projects right now, including a continuation of my Been So Long series and several stand-alone novels.


                                                                               About this Author

Displaying me website.jpg 
Adrienne Thompson

Married at sixteen, a mother twice by seventeen, and thrice a mother and divorced by twenty-four, Adrienne Thompson is no stranger to adversity. Not your typical teenage mother, she went on to complete her college degree and to earn her nursing license. She attributes God’s faithfulness as the catalyst for her success in life. Now, having raised two children as a divorced mother, with a third fast approaching adulthood, she is sharing a long hidden talent and passion with the world. Using the lessons that life has so expertly taught her as a guideline (betrayal, abusive relationships, self-esteem issues, witnessing the deteriorating effects of drug abuse), she has created stories that will both entertain and inspire the reader.

Awards and Recognitions:

Nominated for 2013 Prodigy Publishing Group's Urban Literary Award in the category of Romance.


Nominated for a 2013 BRAB (Building Relationships Around Books) award in the category of Best Women's Fiction Author.


Nominated for OOSA Bookclub's All Things Literary 2012 Female Author of the Year Award - considered work, Bluesday.


Novel, Been So Long, listed at #17 on aalbc.com's top 20 bestselling eBooks of 2012 list.


Novel, See Me, chosen as one of UBAWA's top 25 books of 2012


Novel, When You've Been Blessed (Feels Like Heaven), chosen by Shades of Romance Magazine as one of their 2012 eBooks of the month.(less)